Due to the high demand for previous sessions we are pleased to be able to offer an additional briefing session on the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which will apply in the UK from 25 May 2018.
This briefing highlights the key themes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to help organisations understand the new legal framework requirements.
What is the GDPR?
Coming into effect on 25 May 2018, GDPR will introduce a number of new data protection obligations for any business that processes people’s personal information, and new rights for those people.
It’s essential your company gets to grips with the changes to ensure compliance, and avoid penalties and fines.
What will the briefing cover?
- An overview of GDPR and what’s changing
- The definition of personal data under the new legislation
- How these changes affect your data processing
- What is your legal basis for processing data?
- Changes to customer’s consent
- Keeping your customers informed
- The rights of your customers under GDPR
- Maintaining customer records – keeping them safe and secure
- Can you share customers’ information with anyone else?
- Marketing/social media
- Penalties for non-compliance with the GDPR
Venue: The Training Room, Floor 1, Bunny Hill
Date: Tuesday 26th June 2018
Time: 9.30am - 11.30am
Aimed at: Schools, Academies and Private Daycare
Cost: Schools / PVI Daycare - £30, Academies / Free Schools- £37
Presented by: Nick Humphreys - Information Governance Officer, Sunderland City Council.
Tuesday, 26. June 2018 - 09:30 till 11:30
The Training Room, Floor 1, Bunny Hill Centre