Jane & Mark in the Learning Technologies Innovation Team are available to work with you to identify the support you need to realise your vision for making effective use of teachnoligies for learning in your school. They are happy to meet with you to explore options for how you might move things forward in your school.
Our service is highly bespoke – responding to the needs of individual schools - typical services on offer from us include:
- Giving support to Head teachers and subject leaders to shape the future direction for using learning technologies in school
- Support in creating ICT/Computing development plans for the school
- Working with teaching staff to implement curriculum change and plan for delivery of the ICT/ Computing curriculum.
- Carrying out an “ICT for teaching and learning” assessment to establish where best to invest time and resources
- Delivering ICT days to children in schools covering a variety of topics, such as use of mobile devices, sensing & control, digital photography, film making and stop-motion animation. These can be in school or at our new base “110” at Monkwearmouth School
- Delivering e-safety advice to schools, workshops and assemblies for learners and accredited CEOP training for staff to help schools meet e-safety targets
- Intervention work for schools dealing with e-safety issues
- Managing the introduction of mobile devices from initial identification of need, through procurement to deployment and CPD for users
- Support towards gaining the NAACE ICT mark accreditation
- Support in developing DFE and OFSTED compliant websites
- Support in developing the safe use of social media to improve communication with parents
- Assisting schools in facilitating film-making projects with students and providing video recording services for school productions
- Bespoke CPD to promote the effective use of learning technologies.
- Assistance with establishing a “Digital Leaders” programme in your school
Previously schools engaged with the service on a "pay as you go" basis. Sadly this method of working did not account for the amount of work the team do at a strategic level. In order to help maintian the services of the team the subscription option was agreed at headteacher cluster meetings. It was widely regarded as the best method of providing funding for the work that Mark and Jane do that cannot be attributed to an individual school.
It was widely agreed that making a small contribution - by way of a membership fee - would be beneficial in supporting the team in strategic work for the benefit of all schools. The membership charges were agreed as £300 per school and 60p per student.
It was also agreed that that should a school not buy in they should be charged a premium if they need to engage the services of the team and that there should be other benefits of membership
Membership will also give you:
- An initial needs assessment meeting to discuss how we can support you in developing a vision for the effective use of learning technologies
- An audit of your current e-safety provision
- Checking your website for DFE and OFSTED compliance.
- Access to our loan resource bank
- Access to ICT Co-ordinators’ network meetings
- The ability to publish your school’s CPD courses via the Learning Hub.
- Reduced rates for booking the services of the team
- Package discounts on blocks of days bought in advance - four days for the price of three
- Preferential access to events organised by the team
- Reduced price CPD
- Access to special members events
- Unlimited telephone support
Annual Subscription Fee (payable in contract)
£300 per school + 60p per pupil
Subsequent Days (pay as you go)
Member £300 per day*/Non Member £400
Half days or twilight sessions (pay as you go)
Member £150 per session/Non Member £200
ICT Days – In your school
Member £300 per day*/Non-member £400
ICT Days at 110 our base at Monkwermouth
Member £200 per day*/Non Member £300
*Please note that a day rate does not include a twilight session these are chargeable at a half-day rate
End: 2018-03-14, 16:30
End: 2018-06-13, 16:30
End: 2018-07-11, 16:30
Want to take your teaching to the next level but don't have time to engage in research into the best strategies out there? Fear not - we've done the hard work for you and constructed a new range of courses called "Ninja Teacher" designed to help you up your teaching game.