Do you work with young people? Are you interested in generating opportunities for young people to explore their creativity? Arts Award is a national qualification, which supports young people to develop as artists and arts leaders and The Forge provide Arts Award adviser training offering one-day training courses for adults based in the North-East.
A little bit more about the award…
- The award is a personal learning programme, which develops and assesses both arts-related and transferable skills, such as creativity, communication, planning and teamwork
- Young people aged between 11-25 can achieve Arts Awards at Bronze, Silver and Gold, Levels 1, 2 and 3 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework
At the training you will…
- Receive an overview of the ethos and spirit of Arts Award and a chance to explore case studies and examples of work
- Meet other professionals who are planning to run Arts Award in a wide variety of settings
- Receive your adviser toolkit, a step-by-step guide on supporting young people through Arts Award
- Become familiar with the assessment criteria and framework for each level and the adviser’s role within assessment
- Gain an insight into how the Arts Award can work for you in your setting.
The next training in your area...
Thursday 7th June 2012
10am – 4pm
The Forge, Stanley Education Centre, Stanley, County Durham
Book your training here.
Please find attached an e-flyer (PDF) or click here for a jpeg which you can use to share on social media networks.