Enriching the curriculum
Dli museum, Durham City 20 May 1230 – 1500
Classroom teachers and leaders of history and humanities at KS2 and KS3 are invited to a FREE half day event at the dli museum to explore ways in which collaborative school projects, the museum service and local archives can help pupils better understand the human face of conflict.
The session will be led by museum staff with support from Durham County Archives. Pupils from Parkside Academy will also profile their EU funded historical investigation project with partners in a French school.
The session will introduce teachers to the museum and allow for hands on experience of some of the workshops which museum staff can offer pupils of different ages.
A light buffet lunch will be served on arrival.
- Arrival from 1200
- Free entrance to museum – self guided visit
- 1230 : Buffet lunch provided
- 1300 : Aims and objectives of the day – Gabrielle Reddington
- 1310 : Parkside Academy's collaborative project with Collège de Roisel
- 1330 : The Durham at War website – Gill Parkes – Durham County Archives
- 1345 : The dli offer –Cheryl Knight , Acting Manager
- 1400 : Carousel of hands on workshops ( 20 minutes each ) led by museum education staff
Art and poetry
Personalising the soldier
- 1500 : Close
Places are limited and early application is recommended.