Whizz-Kidz is a national children's mobility charity founded in 1990. They provide disabled children and young people with vital mobility equipment to fit their clinical, social and educational needs. But the wheelchair is just the start! Through their Young People's Services they also provide young wheelchair users with opportunities to meet, have fun and learn new skills.
Their Young People's Services include:
• Wheelchair Skills Training
• Ambassador Clubs a network of youth clubs spanning the UK
• Work Placements and Work Skills Training equipping young wheelchair users with training and opportunities for employment
• Camp Whizz-Kidz short breaks focused on independent living skills
• Volunteering and Leadership opportunities for young people to develop their skills and leadership ability
- Information has been circulated to all schools, including the recent Whizz-kidz Newsletter. Please support our young wheelchair users by circulating this information to parents/carers. Thank you!
- We are currently liaising with Whizz-kidz to arrange a Wheelchair Skills Training Event at Oxclose Community Academy in the autumn term 2015 for children and young people who are wheelchair users. Information has been sent to all schools. Please support us by circulating the information to young wheelchair users in your school and encourage them to sign up!