We are excited to announce that the new ICT services catalogue for schools has been launched. The new services have been developed as a result of extensive consultation with schools about what they need.
The catalogue Sunderland ICT Services to Schools sets out our plan to deliver a whole new range of services alongside the familiar services you have come to rely on. New services include the ability to buy additional service credits for the services of our new Learning Technolologies Inoovation Team. These can be bought as blocks of days and used for the team to run CPD sessions for staff, lessons with learners or work with leadership and management to develop the strategic vision for using technology for learning in your school.
Some schools have already begun to make use of the Learning Technologies Innovation Team. Recently we have been involved in:-
- Providing advice and support for schools looking to make use of Facebook and Twitter to improve parental engagement
- End to end support for the deployment of iPads. From initial advice, through support with procurement, to CPD for staff and examples of classroom use.
- Delivering e-safety training to staff and students
- Supporting schools in producing a vision for using technology for teaching and learning
- Support with applying for the ICT Mark
- Design development and planning of school websites
- Providing advice on imporving wireless connectivity
The team are also responsible for coordinating the Primary and Secondary ICT groups and providing information to schools via the Learning Hub.
We will shortly be contacting you with a survey. We are trying to find out whether anyone has any planned spend for subscription services (Education City, Espresso etc.) or hardware (PCs, iPads, wireless etc.) the aim is to look at combining purchasing to get a better deal for Sunderland schools.
We hope you will set aside time to read the catalogue and consider which services you feel would be of value to your school. Pricing for services is contained in the LA SLA document.