Registration Policy for those wishing to use Sunderland AB as their Appropriate Body
The school will:
- Prior to the appointment of an NQT the school should check the suitability of the post for NQT Induction with either Employer Access or your Appropriate Body (AB).
- Complete and return the NQT Appropriate Body Registration form within 4 weeks of the NQT beginning induction.
- Provide the Appropriate Body with all information as requested to ensure registration can take place efficiently.
- Ensure confirmation of NQT registration is received from the Appropriate Body.
The Appropriate Body will:
- Confirm receipt of registration form to acknowledge that the NQT is registered. (It is the responsibility of the school to contact the Appropriate Body if they have not received this confirmation).
- Provide all services required of the Appropriate Body according to statutory guidance issued by DfE.
- Induction cannot begin until an NQT has completed the relevant skills tests, has registered with National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) has a Teacher Reference Number (TRN) and has been registered with an Appropriate Body.
- It is also the responsibility of the school, to ensure that copies of assessment forms for any NQTs who have completed induction previously in another school, are passed to the Appropriate Body.
Once NQT has been registered
The school agrees to provide the NQT with:
- A reduced timetable (in addition to statutory 10% planning, preparation and assessment time.)
- Adequate support – The statutory induction guidance for example suggests all NQTs should have a designated Induction Tutor.
- A personalised programme of professional development activities including regular observations and feedback.
- Regular reviews of progress towards meeting the Teachers’ Standards.
- Send assessment forms to the Appropriate Body by the deadlines set for each induction period.
- Inform the Appropriate Body of any changes to each individual NQT’s induction.